[Osmf-talk] Joining OSMF - welcome pack suggestion

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Nov 8 15:18:10 UTC 2016

Janet -- It was great meeting you at SOTM and welcome to OSMF. Thank you
very much for your feedback. Onboarding has been a challenge for OSM for a
long time. The proportion of people signing up but not continuing to map
anything is below 30% now. Imagine what OSM could be if we could double
that number!

Mikel already mentioned the Membership WG, which would probably the best
place to start addressing this. We used to have a Welcome WG as well, which
focused on welcoming new members after signing up but has not been active.
Perhaps some of this can be picked up by the new Membership WG,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Mvexel/Welcome_Working_Group.

Let me know if I or the board can do anything to help you along if you want
to be more involved in this topic!

Martijn

Martijn van Exel
http://mvexel.github.io/