[Osmf-talk] Where can I find documents about OSMF?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Oct 7 22:36:09 UTC 2016

On 07/10/16 23:07, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:

> Since the OSMF is a non-profit organization, I should be able to deduct
> my membership fee from German taxes. But to do that, I need documents
> proving that the OSMF is indeed doing non-profit work. Do we have any
> documents I could forward to the tax office? A terms & conditions
> document maybe or an annual report? I know some of this information was
> posted on the mailing list before, but do we have anything that looks
> slightly official? I am looking for documents covering 2015 by the way.

I don't know the details of the German tax code, but I suspect it is
unlikely that the OSMF qualifies - it certainly doesn't in the UK as it
is not a registered charity.

The only thing that makes it a non-profit is that it is a company
limited by guarantee, so there are no shareholders that can receive
dividends and all profits have to be retained in the company and spent
by it in future years.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)