[Osmf-talk] OSM and Diversity

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:11:44 UTC 2017

Hi Kate,

I don’t have any brilliant contributions to add, beyond thanking you for
this well spoken message. I agree completely with what you said and will
try to remember the enjoinder of “just don’t”. I’m not a big mailing lister
but I am certainly guilty of narrowing in on small things instead of
addressing the bigger picture.

I think it’s a great idea to include these principles in the Core Values
list. I also think that really, 99% of people on this mailing list
implicitly recognize those Core Values, if not always the best behaviors to
reach them. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t recognize them, I just think it’s
worth noting we are a community of good intentions, just not always good
methods.

Finally, 10 chicken statues?? 1 wasn’t enough?? This seems excessive.

Best,
Robert