[Osmf-talk] HOT US Inc use of Code Of Conduct (CoC) for Membership control after 2015 OSMF Board election

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Fri Dec 1 16:43:33 UTC 2017

On 2017.12.01. 18:32, Mikel Maron wrote:
> I don't think it's appropriate to discuss the specifics of Nicolas and
> Severin cases publicly. As you can imagine, this is a very selective
> reporting of the history, and there is an extensive backstory which has
> not been discussed.
>
> I will say, the facts remain, the overwhelming majority of the HOT
> membership has supported the Code of Conduct, and the specific actions
> taken in response to how Nicolas and Severin conducted themselves in HOT.

appreciate your reasonable responses and your huge investment in open
causes. nevertheless, at this point saying "they bad, it's secret" does
not look like a good pr.
this has all been brought out in the open, and all the involved either
have to clearly explain why the previously shared storyline is not
correct, or risk being labeled terrible censors.

i don't know the detail. Mikel, you have a chance to correct the facts,
presented earlier - otherwise i have to take them as true.

> The purpose and process of the Code of Conduct as it is presented in
> this thread is not accurate. This is not about silencing
> criticism. Healthy dialogue includes and must have criticism. But this
> comes with a collective responsibility to build a good and productive
> space for the community and a need to respect others.

this sound supportable, but the concerns that this thread has raised
will cloud any such effort. you all will have to explain in detail what
happened to clear it.

i do not see a way around it - i've devoted so much time reading this
thread that by now i'm ready to read it all to the end, and i want less
handwaving.

--
 Rihards