[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should Adopt a Code of Conduct

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 20:06:19 UTC 2017

I'd figure that writing a CoC will be the "easy" part. Figuring out how to
enforce it across all our communication channels [1] in a consistent manner
whilst avoiding a police state mentality would be the harder challenge.

I think you'd have to designate a few "safe places" where we can
consistently and fairly apply a CoC. A full discussion must be able to be
had in one of these safe places - that is, a person or company should not
be asked to go outside of a safe place to get community buy-in for whatever
they are trying to do. This will create motivation for more of our
communication channels to get themself up to the safe place standard.

I'd personally like to see the osm.org website develop as a (somewhat)
centralised communication place but this would require significant
developer time.

All the best with this - it is long overdue :-)

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contact_channels

*Rob*