[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should NOT Adopt a Code of Conduct

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sat Dec 2 14:31:57 UTC 2017

⚠️ Semi-graphic description of sexual assault & rape below ⚠️

On 02/12/17 06:02, John Gilmore wrote:
> without any further evidence?
Who suggested not requiring evidence?

> what happens when the advance was obviously "welcome" at the start,
> but the alleged victim decides later that it was "unwelcome"?  I know
> a guy who's spent years living in exile in an embassy over just that
> situation.
I suggest you read the charges against Assange in the UK High Court
judgement upholding his extradition[1]. He is accused of starting to have
sex with someone who was asleep, and holding another woman down and
forcing her legs open with his body.

> The violence consisted in a firm hold of the injured party's arms and
> a forceful spreading of her legs whilst lying on top of her and with
> his body weight preventing her from moving or shifting.
> Assange deliberately consummated sexual intercourse with her
> byimproperly exploiting that she, due to sleep. was in a helpless
> state.
If you're confused if that's OK, let me explain it: It's not OK. Maybe
look at the evidence in future. 😉

> The best thing in my opinion would be to explicitly DECLINE to
> produce any kind of "Code of Conduct"
Are you in favour of disbanding the Data Working Group, or of removing
the ability to block OSM accounts? If not, you're in favour of *some
sort* of code of conduct.

[1] http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/2849.html