[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should NOT Adopt a Code of Conduct

Aleksey Chalabyan xelgen.am at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:46:53 UTC 2017

While I see where such concerns come from, I don't think declining whole
idea CoC or any other rules because they can be abused and there may be
false accusations is a solution. English is my 3rd language, but I believe
"throwing out the baby with the water" is the phrase, which belongs here.

First of all, in none of quotations of CoC, we see "if someone was accused
in doing smth. bad than she/he gets removed from event", instead we seee
"if someone engages in smth. bad".
So those who decided of CoC was broken or not, should practice common sense
and try to make sure accusation were not false. Otherwise anything can be
abused and misinterpreted.
Second, if enough people share same concerns, wouldn't
1) adding "false accusations of braking CoC is another way to go against
CoC" to the Code of Conduct and
2) a reminder to those making decisions to practice caution and make sure
CoC was actually broken before showing red cards

More of solution to the problem, than your initial proposal to ditch CoC
all-together?

Best,
Aleksey Chalabyan a.k.a. Xelgen