[Osmf-talk] May 2017 use of Code Of Conduct (CoC) for Membership control in HOT US Inc internal governance

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.org
Sun Dec 3 01:12:01 UTC 2017

Le 02/12/2017 à 19:58, Blake Girardot a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> And i would of course appreciate assessments regarding my original
>> questions about how the HOT CoC (or in a similar way the draft linked
>> to above) would apply to Nicolas' and Dale's mails and based on what
>> criteria i can make such an assessment.
> I thought I sort of explained that:
>
> In HOT's CoC Nico would make a complaint and the folks who are part of
> the community committee that have agreed to review CoC complaints, 7
> people who are hot voting members who volunteered to review coc
> complaints, would read his complaint and decide if what he was
> complaining about violated the HOT CoC or not.

You could also have explained that this committee includes:

  * Heather Leson
  * Blake Girardot
  * Joseph Reeves
  * Mikel Maron
  * John Crowley

and the members of the OSMF who have read their recent contributions to
this list could have taken more educated bets at the chances of Nicolas
to see a (really really hypothetical) complaint against Dale be useful…

Or, for another example, of Séverin against John, for having asked about
him if there is not “an underlying problem within the heart of the writer?”…

Etc., etc.

Regards,

Jean-Guilhem

--
“Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain.”
Transparency International