[Osmf-talk] May 2017 use of Code Of Conduct (CoC) for Membership control in HOT US Inc internal governance

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 02:54:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jgc at arkemie.org> wrote:

> In HOT's CoC Nico would make a complaint and the folks who are part of
> the community committee that have agreed to review CoC complaints, 7
> people who are hot voting members who volunteered to review coc
> complaints, would read his complaint and decide if what he was
> complaining about violated the HOT CoC or not.
>

> You could also have explained that this committee includes:
>
> Heather Leson
> Blake Girardot
> Joseph Reeves
> Mikel Maron
> John Crowley

Hi JGC,

Except the above is a mistaken statement.

You are confusing the group of people who review code of conduct
complaints, people from the HOT voting members who have volunteered to
be in the group of folks who review complaints and the Governance
Working Group that drafted and submitted the CoC to the HOT membership
and Board.

The above list are some of the Governance Working Group members that
helped draft the CoC (I am on the WG but had no involvement in
drafting the CoC except to motivate the WG to re-write our previous
CoC, I drafted the complaint procedures and the WG modified them and
the membership adopted them by vote.)

It should also be noted that the Governance WG is open to anyone in
the HOT community, just like the OSMF working groups are. Nico was on
the HOT Governance WG as recently as last year, but stopped attending
meetings.

There is, as far as I know, no current group of volunteers to review
CoC complaints at HOT at the moment as there has been no need, but
someone can please correct me if I am wrong, since leaving the board I
do not read the meeting minutes often enough :)

Cheers
Blake