[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should Adopt a Code of Conduct

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 22:27:48 UTC 2017

Lots of good comments in this thread.

I'm new to the OSMF but have a strong belief in supporting the roots
/governance of communities (am active in the OSM community in my home
country and have led missing maps / HOT events in the past (but not
associated with HOT other than that)). I personally don't have a problem
contributing openly and respectfully to conversations on this list but may
suffer from naive optimism that others will reciprocate in a similar manner.

I believe one of the common themes here is a need for psychological safety.
John Looney (chief architect with Intercom) recently published the
following article in login;:
https://t.co/pMLiMwtVQV

It's well worth a read although may not be 100% relevant to this
conversation (due to the ops specific sections). Ensuring everyone (from
all backgrounds, countries, experiences) is welcome and that their
contributions will be read with respect and understanding is key to make
these forums a safe place for ideas, teams and a community to form.

I hope we can find a way to do that...

Donal