[Osmf-talk] What's all this stuff about HOT, and how is it relevant for OSMF.

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:59:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Thanks Martin for your email.
Like you I am happy to hear about this on-going writing work and look
forward to reading MIkel Maron's story of the HOT Project and HOT US Inc,
it will surely nicely add to existing stories (like Severin's effort) and
secondary informations one can get from talks on OSM lists and in real life.
This being said, MIkel Maron's future opus will be another one-side story
but not the history of the HOT Project and HOT US Inc.
For this history to be written, archives need to be opened, accessible and
dealt with by "professional" historians along the requirement of History as
a discipline. No doubt that Mikel Maron's future work will show as an
interesting piece of archive for these practitioners for the benefit of
all.

Best,
Nicolas

Nicolas Chavent