[Osmf-talk] What's all this stuff about HOT, and how is it relevant for OSMF.

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Dec 4 16:42:18 UTC 2017

Am 04.12.2017 um 17:14 schrieb Mikel Maron:
> Simon, thanks. I think there's a couple misunderstandings though.
>
> > Heathers election platform essentially offers to (re-)form the OSMF
> (and by extension OSM) just as you did HOT
>
> I've seen nothing from Heather that suggests "reforming" OSMF and OSM.
> Rather her vision fits nicely with the current course and ideas which
> the Board and Foundation. Helping to engage more members and
> volunteers in our efforts is something we all want.
Do I really have to start quoting page after page from Heather, I
suspect we've all already read her manifest, and everybody can decide
for themselves.

> > the humanitarian sector voluntarily  limiting itself to a presence
> of a maximum of two seats on the OSMF board  (note a limit not an
> entitlement). This should encompasses employees and equivalent of such
> organisations, larger funders and organisations that derive a majority
> of their income from such organisations.
>
> So, there are currently zero people on the Board "from the
> humanitarian sector". I don't know if this limit would be valid or
> not, but it's definitely not relevant for the current election.
Sorry you just linked to a piece with the history of HOT mainly
featuring you, made a longish statement that boils down to that HOT was
all your idea  and formed according to your vision, you work for a
company that, well it was actually you, announced strategic alignment
with HOT, you've worked professionally in the filed, you hold a formal
position inside HOT and are a voting member and then you turn around and
say that is all not true?

Simon