[Osmf-talk] What's all this stuff about HOT, and how is it relevant for OSMF.

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 17:28:47 UTC 2017

On Monday 04 December 2017, Simon Poole wrote:

> Given the perceived need for strong leadership, clear command
> structures and responsibilities in the humanitarian sector that you
> describe, it is unlikely the the influence of the humanitarian sector
> topic will be going away and will continue to have the potential for
> lots of strife: [...]

Part of the problem is that the perceived needs are commonly not
perceived to be perceived needs but absolute, universal needs.
Therefore i doubt your suggestion - as sensible as it might be - will
lead to much.

This is one thing that amazed me most about the whole campaign process
of these elections.  While there is an overwhelming cacophony of
statements being made (both from the candidates and from others) the
one thing that really helps you see through this smoke screen is
looking at people's capability of self reflection and their ability to
recognize how their background shapes their perception and limits their
ability to make the right assessments and the right decisions.

Those of the members who have not yet cast their vote for the board
elections and who struggle with their decision might find this a useful
basis to develop their decision.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/