[Osmf-talk] wish list to osmf board

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:23:28 UTC 2017

>> once a group takes on responsibility for providing reliable services at a
>> global scale,
>> with industries of small, medium, and global businesses depending on the
>> underlying infrastructure and millions of contributors, amateur
>> structures
>> break down.
>

> This is something I agree with, although I wouldn't have been able to
> make the points in the two emails as eloquently myself.

If this were true, why are people choosing OSM and not one of the
professional geodata providers? OSM was founded in 2004 and has since
been managed by amateurs, why is it still operating and not "broken
down"? Or is it broken down, and I just don't see it? Or is the
breakdown imminent?

Cheers,
Martin