[Osmf-talk] wish list to osmf board

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Dec 5 17:07:57 UTC 2017

Returning to our muttons, - the EFF, Electronic Frontier Foundation, has
got the membership card made from soft paper. Here is the proof:
https://twitter.com/pavolrusnak/status/700631719611748353

It is a nice looking card from paper. So if there is a PDF file with an
OSMF membership card, then I can print it out myself in color on good
paper at the nearby shopping center. I realize that the logistics are
too complicated to mail the stickers and membership card pack in the
paper envelopes, as the EFF does.

However, it should not be too difficult to write a script that takes a
name from a list, generates the membership card PDF file with the name
and exp. date, and then sends the PDF file as an attachment to a
corresponding e-mail address.

It is also possible to laminate the paper card either at a printing shop
or DIY. Rounding corners on a card, as the EFF's one, is not a problem.
Either a printing shop can do it or DIY ( see:
https://youtu.be/vzz9QUS_we8 ).

There is however a problem, it is the card design. The card design
should be beautiful and it should change each year. So a kind of a card
design volunteer contest is required, similar as it was for the JOSM
desktop icon.

This is my input for the wish list. And it is impossible to organize
such continual process without accepted rules, commitment, leadership, etc.

Best regads,

Oleksiy

OSM: Alex-7
W: Alexey_M.