[Osmf-talk] Surveys (was: Gender in OSM/OSMF)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Wed Dec 6 15:00:58 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 06 December 2017, Blake Girardot wrote:

> > Lets stay on topic here and if you want to discuss the organized
> > editing survey beyond what has already been discussed on the matter
> > move that to the appropriate thread (and skip the vague
> > implications of course).
>
> Fair enough, I felt it was more a comment on how we can all be biased
> to accept something, survey data or a process in some circumstances,
> but then reject and/or ridicule those exact same processes when the
> topic is different.

Yes, i got that - and i also agree there are things that can be learned
from surveys in scientific studies regarding surveys for the purpose of
policy making.  I just want to avoid shadowing the important matter
here (gender balance and studying the social structure of the OSM
community in general) with a highly political subject.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/