[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 7 23:40:51 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    in advance of our AGM on Saturday, here's a human-readable
> financial report covering the full 2016 business year and the first
> ten months of 2017:
>
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Treasurer%27s_Report_for
>_the_December_2017_AGM

Is there a more detailed account of the SotM expenses beyond the
rough "half scholarships, half rest"?

In particular regarding the scholarships - I have read:

https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/10/25/the-state-of-the-map-scholar-experience/
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2017/Scholars

but i could not find any overall report with information like:

* how many applicants where there?
* what criteria was the selection based on and who made the selection?
* what expenses were paid?

I did the rough math with half of 55k GBP divided by 15 scholars leading
to ~1800 GBP per person - which seems not completely unrealistic if all
expenses are paid.  But having something a bit more solid here would
not hurt IMO.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/