[Osmf-talk] Good Luck to all OSMF Candidates

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 18:19:16 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017, Douglas Ssebaggala wrote:

> Bottom line/wish is to have a united foundation working together with
> different organisations for the best of the OSM project. Whether
> there were wrongs and mistakes in the past, they should be put behind
> and we move on.

I would answer that with a famous quote:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

> Let me get back to more silence as i wait for actionable next steps.

Like anyone else who is silently reading this list i would encourage you
to speak up and express your views on matters discussed here - or bring
up your own subjects of interest.

I find your comment a refreshing and positive contribution but in
general one of the reasons why we had such an often excessive volume of
discussion with a bad signal to noise ratio here in the last weeks is
because quite a few people saw something actionable in form of the
elections and spoke up because they wanted to influence the 'public
opinion' rather than because they has something of substance to say.

So don't speak up primarily if you see something actionable but speak up
if you can bring a new perspective to one the matters discussed that
can lead to new insights among the participants and this way brings the
discussion forward.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/