[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 22:35:07 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> There is no malicious intent. The timing is entirely coincidental.

I did not say there was malicious intent.

But please don't tell me the timing is entirely coincidental if it is
published a day before the AGM - that is frankly insulting.

> We
> are not trying to obfuscate anything. We are looking to serve the
> best interest, needs and requirements of OSM, and from time to time
> that means accommodating a donor organization as well.

It is my understanding that formally as the board your obligation is
foremost to the members.  If you decide certain actions are in the
interest of OSM you ultimately have to answer to the members for those
decisions and for this to work the members need to be informed about
them.

Independent of that i think accepting a requirement from a donor to
withhold information about a donation from the OSM community after it
has been made is not in the spirit of transparency.  If transparency in
the OSMF is subordinate to financial needs and interests is somethings
that could be worth discussing (although you can probably guess my
opinion on the matter).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/