[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Dec 8 23:05:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 12/08/2017 11:35 PM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> But please don't tell me the timing is entirely coincidental if it is
> published a day before the AGM - that is frankly insulting.

Oh come on, don't be *so* thin skinned ;) of course it had something to
do with the AGM; the AGM is where the board changes, if only a little
bit, and that inspires everyone to do a little cleanup so that the new
board can look forward instead of having to tie up a ton of loose ends.

(For the same reason, even if totally off topic, I'd like to announce
that the German FOSSGIS e.V. has formally been recognized as a local
chapter. Separate post forthcoming.)

But it's not that someone thought "oh, let's withhold that until some
convenient time". Really.

> Independent of that i think accepting a requirement from a donor to
> withhold information about a donation from the OSM community after it
> has been made is not in the spirit of transparency.

That's what the board thinks too. We have - with the exception of small
donations made by individuals - never accepted donations without making
public where they came from, and we don't intend to do that in the future.

With this particular donation, some things have dragged on for longer
than usual, but it was always clear that it was eventually going to be
public.

Christoph, you are - like I am - a great proponent of a volunteer run
board, where we don't throw around money to have things run
"professionally". This means that board work is done by people who have
a job, a family, and other volunteer committments on top of that, and
sometimes things fall between the cracks. It's ok to watch us - please
do - but perhaps you can be a little forgiving from time to time too!

Bye
Frederik