[Osmf-talk] Organized Editing Best Practice

Yves yvecai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 23:11:13 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,
Sure, here was my feeling a few weeks ago about the Directed Editing Policy (https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Directed_Editing_Policy) :

"While the content of the policy is more or less OK with me, I think the overall tone could be lighter.
I don't understand why this couldn't be written down as a guideline or 'good practice' instead of a policy. It could become a policy later. Where is the fun of OSM here? "

Please note that I don't comment precisely on the content of the DWG or AB document, nor that I don't recognize the particular amount of energy put in establishing the policy draft.
However, I would find it better in the form for the OSMF to endorse a lighter guideline as a first step. I see guidelines or best practices more welcoming than policies.
Yves