[Osmf-talk] [hotosm-membership] Re: [HOT] Code of Conduct Reminder

martin at noblecourt.eu martin at noblecourt.eu
Fri Dec 15 11:52:31 UTC 2017

Dear all,

This is actually another interesting topic!
If we move for a more general mailing list on international
development/humanitarian topics (not restricted to the HOT membership
and partners), I would suggest maybe not to use the "humanitarian" word
that is only describing a subset of this scope of activities.
Since development can be confusing with IT development, I would suggest
something like international at openstreetmap.org

However creating doesn't always do the trick: we've seen it with the
hot-francophone mailing list that was created to generate more exchanges
between Francophone countries (in particular Africa & Haiti) on
development topics and is not super successful because the communities
we wanted to exchange with are not big fans of mailing lists for
cultural reasons.

Best

Martin