[Osmf-talk] [HOT] [hotosm-membership] Re: Code of Conduct Reminder

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun Dec 17 10:49:20 UTC 2017

Yes, people can change. Yes, trying to convince people it's good to talk about actions, not inherent attributes. Yes, we often learn the unconscious biases from the societies we grow up in. etc.

Having said that:

I hate homophobes. I hate racists. I hate transphobes. I hate bigots. I hate misogynists.

When designing a code of conduct, think if what I've just said breeches that CoC, and if that's the sort of language you want to penalise.