[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Gregory sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Mon Dec 18 14:05:14 UTC 2017

For SotM 2017 there were just over 100 candidates, I think it was 109 after
removing duplicates and empty entries.

This is more a part of SotM-WG than directly by the board/treasurer, it's
worth noting that SotM currently tries to be cost-neutral, and to keep
ticket prices down.
The scholarships are a way of allowing more people to attend. The number is
based on the total number of delegates, but also reliant on conference
sponsorship and time of volunteers.

It's really difficult to figure out a firm selection criteria. Last week I
was looking at how we will make of selection process more transparent, you
can expect some of this to materialise in about 3 months around when we
announce the call for scholar applications to SotM 2018.

Our 2018 website is still being built, but the best way to get updates is
to sing-up for the e-mail newsletter.
There is a form at: https://2017.stateofthemap.org/

If I missed any specific questions, or you have other ones regarding SotM
then please let me know.

Gregory Marler
SotM WG (volunteer)