[Osmf-talk] Dale Kunce (OSM, OSMF and HOT US Inc president) on [OSMF] mailing list: "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"; a statement which minimally calls for answers and facts

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:18:27 UTC 2017

Dear HOT US Inc, OSMF members and HOT mailing list subscribers,

I randomly ran into this tweet of Dale Kunce [1],
*> "Community. The absolute best and worst things of OSM. Current mailing
list is a viper pit of racism and misogyny. I don’t know it if will ever be
a safe place. Even I’m thinking of unsubscribing."*

As both an OSM, OSMF, HOT US Inc member (and the president of the HOT US
Inc NGO), Dale shall find appropriate to develop his thoughts and provide
facts to explain how the November [2] and December [3] discussions on the
OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF) mailing-list (osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org)
translate into "racism and misogyny".
This would constitute a form of bare minimal respect ought to the members
of those communities.

Thanks,
Best,
Nicolas