[Osmf-talk] Dale Kunce (OSM, OSMF and HOT US Inc president) on [OSMF] mailing list: "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"; a statement which minimally calls for answers and facts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 11:50:20 UTC 2017

> Dear HOT US Inc, OSMF members and HOT mailing list subscribers,
>
> I randomly ran into this tweet of Dale Kunce [1],
> *> "Community. The absolute best and worst things of OSM. Current mailing
> list is a viper pit of racism and misogyny. I don’t know it if will ever be
> a safe place. Even I’m thinking of unsubscribing."*

I believe it is a trap. He writes absurdities on some external channel
about the OSM community to prove we must have a Code of Conduct that
extends beyond the OSMF operated lists and events. ;-)

Really unbelievable, accusing "Current mailing list" of racism and misogyny
is completely bare of any facts as far as I recall, maybe this is about
talk-us? Clearly it must be specified which list you refer to, if you raise
such strong accusations, as there are 60-70 topic specific mailing lists
and another hundred+ in different languages, and my guess is Dale reads
just very few of them. If it really was intended to refer to all lists, it
should have been specified as well.

Cheers,
Martin