[Osmf-talk] What if....

Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net
Tue Dec 19 15:10:45 UTC 2017

Hello all,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Heather Leson wrote:

> What if we took pause to consider how we might move forward?
> Before posting solutions, maybe take some time.

I like this suggestion a lot. Last weekend I resubscribed to OSMF and to
this list, and read lots of backstory. This was prompted by the recent
angst spilling out into parts of my Twitter feed that aren't OSM
centric. I would like to help - to cut through the meta discussion about
conduct codes with some concrete proposals - to volunteer to be part of
any conflict resolution group that may form.
I've held back posting to this list as yet because of the back-and-
forth, reactive nature of the threads. Waiting until the holidays start
and I have some relief from work and childcare, to put on my flame-proof
suit and barge in. I anticipated turning up at a family holiday
gathering only to disappear into the attic and have internet arguments
for several days. But this way would be even better.
Cheers,

Jo aka zool