[Osmf-talk] Dale Kunce (OSM, OSMF and HOT US Inc president) on [OSMF] mailing list: "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"; a statement which minimally calls for answers and facts

Ben Abelshausen ben.abelshausen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:50:24 UTC 2017

Hi Christoph,

I'm not *spinning* anything, I'm spending my spare time to try and
genuinely offer my point of view in the hope to actually improve the
situation and prevent this in the future and you accuse me of having some
kind of hidden agenda.

I am not a lobbyist (and neither is Dale) I'm an OpenStreetMap Foundation
member just like you, I would like you to stop assuming things I didn't say
or mean. I have clearly said I disapprove of what's on on twitter and I
hope there is no doubt about that.

Maybe I was a bit condescending and I apologize, that wasn't my intention,
I was just trying to say that nobody is to blame and we can figure out a
solution if we want to.

These accusations hurt you know, I'm not spinning or lobbying, I believe in
what I'm saying and I'm really trying to help, please believe that. It may
not have been smart of me to discuss these issues on this thread, with
everybody being angry (rightly so) about this.

Anyway, you want people to speak up about being offended, this is it.

Cheers,
Ben