[Osmf-talk] "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Dec 21 07:59:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 20.12.2017 23:54, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> If you look at recent discussions here it has been a recurring pattern
> that someone in the course of a discussion brings up tone/communication
> style questions and in the following the discussion gets derailed

A: I want to change all highway=level_crossing to
railway=level_crossing, because <rationale>.

B: That's not a good idea because <rationale>.

A: See, the problem we have here is this constant negativity on the OSM
mailing lists. I make a good suggestion and I'm shot down immediately!

B: I'm not negative, I just thought your proposed change wasn't thought
through very well.

A: See, now I've pointed out a problem in the general communications
style, and the first thing you do is to claim that there is no problem.
You're in denial!

B: I just think it's not a good idea to change all
highway=level_crossing to railway=level_crossing.

A: You've made that point already! It is obvious that <underrepresented
group> will not be willing to join this mailing list if people like you
are allowed to dictate the climate.

B: ...

Bye
Frederik