[Osmf-talk] OSM and Diversity

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:30:47 UTC 2017

Hi Kate, fellow OSMF members,

I don't have any great insight into this, but my favourite way of thinking
about the treatment of minorities, online or elsewhere, is the description
of minorities within any group as like racers in Mario Kart: The people at
the back get the sweet power ups, and those winning the race don't. This
makes it more fair and enjoyable for all.

I'd say that your contributions to OSM over the years have been the Mario
Kart lightning bolt for a wide range of people the world over. This has
been to the benefit of all of us.

I hope the email lists I'm subscribed to are not representative of the
views of a wider OSM community.

Thanks, Joseph