[Osmf-talk] OSM and Diversity

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 28 19:37:33 UTC 2017

Dear Kate,

In my opinion it would be a good idea to include the principles of
non-discrimination and impartiality into the OSMF Core Values list [1].
Similar as it is done at the Wikimedia [2] or the ICRC [3].

Still in 70s the general belief was that women cannot, say, run long
distances, that their anatomy is too fragile for this. Marijke Moser [4]
had to participate in races as a "clandestine" to prove otherwise.
Nowadays anyone who participated in a race knows that a woman can be as
strong runner as it gets.

But that epoch was not so long ago. So it makes sense to add these two
principles into the OSMF Core Value list, to remove any doubt, which as
we see does exist.

[1] http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Mission_Statement
[2] https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Values
[3]