[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:24:46 UTC 2017

> It seems to me now that the board in the majority considers themselves more administrators and less decision makers than i though.

That's incorrect.
If you are really interested in how the Board works, I'm happy to talk with you directly -- let's set up a time to talk and I can take you through how I see it.
> But just to clarify: Implementing term limits would from my point of view result in zero increase in work.

This is also incorrect. Thinking through a proper proposal for this change would involve definite work.
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Friday, November 10, 2017, 12:13:27 PM EST, Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de> wrote:

 On Friday 10 November 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> > So can someone please point out my error?
>
> Your error seems to lie in the assumption that board just needs to
> pass a resolution and everything else will magically sort itself out.
> There are some boards in other organisations that may enjoy that kind
> of power but they usually have more paid staff than we do. Should we
> start hiring ;)?

My error seems to have been a wrong understanding of how the board
works.  It seems to me now that the board in the majority considers
themselves more administrators and less decision makers than i though.
I say this without judgement, just an observation.

But just to clarify: Implementing term limits would from my point of
view result in zero increase in work.  Changing the mode of elections
to fixed terms would result in a very moderate temporary increase in
work because of the required changes in the internal procedures.  But i
understand that most other decisions result in a lot of work so it is
understandable you are reluctant to make unnecessary decisions and
changes in general.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/