[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Nov 10 18:03:02 UTC 2017

On Friday 10 November 2017, Mikel Maron wrote:

> > But just to clarify: Implementing term limits would from my point
> > of view result in zero increase in work.
>
> This is also incorrect. Thinking through a proper proposal for this
> change would involve definite work.

Notice the difference between "Thinking through a proper proposal"
and "Implementing term limits".  The former comes before making the
decision, the latter comes afterwards.

If the problem is the work in preparing the decisions then just ask for
help.  If any board member would have sent a mail to this thread
saying "we have decided we would like to add term limits but don't have
the time to put together a solid proposal for that, could someone
please prepare something" i am sure there would have been takers.  In
fact i originally thought the purpose of this thread was to develop a
proposal together with the members (which would have made sense
considering the previous initiative for term limits came from the
membership).

The argument from Frederik that making decisions is limited by the lack
of paid staff to do the work (either in preparation or in implementing
the decision) is only valid if you have asked for volunteers and did
not find any.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/