[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Nov 10 18:56:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 11/10/2017 07:37 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
> but it is just plain difficult to get any board to support something that will impact some of
> their own members in a perceived negative way.

I think that's a bit harsh. In a way, being a board member in the first
place impacts you in a negative way (you could be having a beer or
watching a film instead of doing board work). Cut us some slack will
you. At least none of us current board members have thrown their toys
out of the pram and left because they didn't like something ;)

I agree with you that rules that govern conflict are best made with a
clear head at a time when there's no conflict. Current board is a
relatively peaceful team and that can easily give you a false sense of
security ("ah we don't need to spell out this rule in detail, nobody's
going to abuse it anyway" etc.). But then again, making rules that
govern conflict also disturbs the peace a bit ("I know we're all nice
but let's make rules for when we're not"). You wish it wasn't necessary.

Bye
Frederik