[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Nov 10 18:37:21 UTC 2017

Naturally the question is: when is the board going support addressing
the latent governance issues if not now?

Now when they don't seem to be acute and there is time to put something
in place that we can build consensus around, or then when we have an
issue (again)?

But we already know the answer in the 2nd case, we have the experience
and the answer is "no". I'm not suggesting that it was particularly
nefarious what happened last timeĀ  (I would reserve that for those that
supported the proposals initially and then dropped out when they saw a
chance of getting on the board themselves), but it is just plain
difficult to get any board to support something that will impact some of
their own members in a perceived negative way.

Simon