[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Nov 10 19:21:30 UTC 2017

On Friday 10 November 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> We've made great steps ahead in transparency, even allowing guests at
> board meetings. It is now easier than ever for an interested voter
> (or member of the press) to get a first-hand impression of who does
> what, who argues what in the board.

Indeed - i think it is important to acknowledge the current board's
progress in that field.  And i would also like to voice a bit of
critique for my fellow OSMF members here who for the most part make
very little use of these new possibilities.  I try to visit the board
meetings whenever i find the time and i am often the only visitor
present.  And there also seems to be only a handful of people who
regularly read meeting minutes and ask questions regarding ongoing OSMF
work here.

Being an OSMF member is a priviledge - even if the membership fee is
small change for you you owe it to the countless OSM community members
for whom it is not so easy to become a member or to participate in
discourse in the OSMF due to language barriers as well as to the board
members you have elected (or had the chance to elect) to support and
supervise their work at least occasionally.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/