[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Nov 10 19:00:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 11/10/2017 07:54 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
> The facts, there have been exactly two cases in which an incumbent have
> not been re-elected:

All speculation on my part of course, but I think a possible incumbent
bonus might be offset by transparency.

We've made great steps ahead in transparency, even allowing guests at
board meetings. It is now easier than ever for an interested voter (or
member of the press) to get a first-hand impression of who does what,
who argues what in the board. An incumbent therefore doesn't therefore
enjoy the blanket "ah s/he's been on the board and the org didn't go
bankrupt so s/he must have done a good job" assumption; in theory every
voter can check whom they believe to be doing a good job.

Bye
Frederik