[Osmf-talk] Board meeting today, and board candidates

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 16 11:50:19 UTC 2017

On Thursday 16 November 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> If you would like to be *on* the board when we call
> the next meeting in December, head over to
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM17/Election_to_Boar
>d#Candidates
>
> and announce your candidacy. Currently we have two candidates for two
> seats, which doesn't give voters much choice. It would be great to
> see a few more names on that list!

It would be especially great if OSMF members would have the opportunity
to ensure geographic diversity in representation on the board is not
reduced in this election.  Since Ilya does not run again and so far all
candidates (including Paul if he decides to run for re-election) and
other board members are from Western Europe and North America we would
be looking at an inevitably less diverse board than before.

So especially calling out for members from other parts of the world to
consider running as candidate for the board.  This might seem a bit
scary considering the need to present yourself publicly and to be asked
questions about your position on OSM matters but don't let this
discourage you from running.  It is certainly worth it.  For me every
candidate from parts of the world other than Western Europe and North
America who has run in the past offered an interesting and unique
perspective which is already valuable just by being offered as a choice
in the election.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/