[Osmf-talk] Fwd: Candidacy: OSMF Board

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 00:19:30 UTC 2017

I'd like to shift attention to following two aspects which could help to
judge candidates:

1. A board member IMHO must have a good understanding of OSM. Although
Severin's post was really very rude, it's bottom line is that he has
doubts. Just now for example there's a Directed Editing Policy to be
decided upon AFAIK also by the board. And I assume every member knows OSM
inside out.

2. OSMF board is a team of 7 and it IMHO really must stay
somehow independent. If 4 members would be very close to HOT I would'nt
call this balanced anymore.

FYI: From the board candidates, Joost Schouppe is not a HOT member while
Heather is, and David Dean calls himself "an active participant of HOT
mapping efforts". From the current board, Kate and Mikel both are HOT
members. Disclaimer: I'm not a HOT member, though very open for cooperation.

--Stefan