[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sat Nov 25 17:33:04 UTC 2017

I thought this was worth having its own discussion.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote

> Simon
>
> PS: there is the other problem that why on earth would you want to pay the
> board first? Surely you would want to pay the people on the OWG, DWG and
> LWG before the directors, given they are actually core to operations not
> the board, unluckily that would probably amount to a couple of million just
> for starters.

 Yes, I'd pay quite a few people prior to paying the board. Some of the
things the board does are much more operational items than what a truely
strategic board would do. To me if we were to start paying people to do
those things we would hire someone to do it rather than pay ourselves.
Dorothea over the past year has helped immensely in this way, so there
already is a precedent.

-Kate