[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat Nov 25 17:47:09 UTC 2017

Paying people in key positions in OSM could be a big step forward but is
not without its challenges. What positions are 'key'? How do you evaluate
new candidates against incumbents? Who gets to do this? And practically,
where does the money come from? If you ask me, the money is the easiest
hurdle to cross. Creating an organization and culture that has a
transparent process to hiring the best people for the job who work side by
side with volunteers, is more difficult. But if we want to go that way I
think the board could play a role to set the stage. The board positions
should remain unpaid.

Martijn