[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Martijn van Exel mvexel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 23:38:14 UTC 2017

On 11/26/2017 1:39 PM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2017, martijn at osmfoundation.org wrote:
>>
>> This is an important discussion to have and I am glad to see a lot of
>> opinions emerging (again).
>
> A bit of warning regarding that - no one should make the mistake of
> assuming that the spectrum of opinions that has been voiced here is
> representative for the OSMF membership or the OSM community in general.
> Compared to the size of the membership the number of people in
> discussion here is small.

That is a good point, Christoph. Do you have a suggestion as to how to
address this? We did run a membership drive that resulted in 250+ new
members in the past months.

Frederik's point about these discussions emerging around elections is
related, and just as valid. It is up to the board to do something with
these discussions, but the membership equally has a responsibility to
keep pushing topics that are important to them. It is a two way street.
--
Martijn van Exel