[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 00:24:01 UTC 2017

On Monday 27 November 2017, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> That is a good point, Christoph. Do you have a suggestion as to how
> to address this? We did run a membership drive that resulted in 250+
> new members in the past months.

Actually my point was less about gauging the actual opinion of the
members than about refraining from making decisions based on a
potentially incorrectly perceived opinion of the membership.

Discussions like the ones we are having here are about exchanging
arguments to help making your own decisions, not about assessing the
strength of opinions.  This applies to the board just as much as to the
members in the upcoming elections ;-).  Sometimes, especially with
people posting 'me too' messages it seems to me this is not clear to
everyone.

About the new members who recently signed up - it would be quite useful
to know in what way the geographic distribution of the new members is
different, in particular of course if it improves the situation in
terms of equal representation of the OSM community or not.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/