[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Rebecca Firth rebecca.firth at hotosm.org
Mon Nov 27 20:01:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

Heather, thanks very much for reopening this topic for discussion. Myself
and Amelia (copied) are very interested in becoming part of this
discussion, which is also a pertinent topic at HOT. We are keen to promote
gender inclusion across HOT and I'm sure can learn a lot from the ways this
is/could be done across different parts of OSM. We don't have have clear
stats at the moment to understand fully the role gender plays in HOT
community participation, but we are doing an upcoming survey to investigate
this further. Participants will be non identifiable, and we obviously won't
achieve 100% coverage, but hopefully will get an idea to start with.

Perhaps Celine and Miriam from the GeoChicas (geochicas.org) might also
share some of the outputs from their recent research.

Thanks,

Rebecca