[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 27 13:59:15 UTC 2017

On 27.11.17 14:28, john whelan wrote:
> [...] Having people declare their gender means leaving them open to
> "trolls" and many feel safer not doing so [...]
As an aside, I was surprised to learn that in accordance with the WHO,
World Health Organization, statistics the percentage of violence against
women is about the same all over the world [1]. It does not depend much
on a region, income, etc. One in three women experience a violence
significant enough to contact a hospital. The WHO gets its statistics
from medical institutions.

Probably, this 1 in 3 pattern is an intrinsic characteristic of the Homo
sapiens at the current stage of the evolution. Or it may be connected
with the substance abuse [2], which is also present all over the world
in one or another form.

[1]
http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/violence/VAW_Prevelance.jpeg

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_abuse