[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

THEVENON Julien julien_thevenon at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 29 16:54:06 UTC 2017

    > Le mercredi 29 novembre 2017 à 00:08:21 UTC+1, Erwin Olario <govvin at gmail.com> a écrit :

 > I am disappointed to see that a progressive idea like OpenStreetMap, couldn't accommodate any space for members of the> community who feel uncomfortable to discuss this matter openly.
Hi Erwin,
In the past I was sharing your opinion but according to many surveys and studies it seems to be a very efficient way to have dedicated sessions/spaces for women in a first time so they don't feel isolated or alone and to let them boostrap and feel comfortable. It seems to be really independant of how welcoming the community is.Personnaly I will be happy with that if it can help to have a more balanced gender repartion in OSM, so thanks to Kate for your proposal
Julien