[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Miriam Mapanauta mapanauta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 17:04:24 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Let me share with you what we are doing. Mapeadora, Seleye Yang and myself
(mapanauta), we are organizing for a bit more than a year Geochicas' group
in the one we want to promote the gender balance in the mapping world,
besides mapping another important activity is to promote and being part of
tech conferences and panels to keep improving the female presence. The
group has 60 ladies mostly Spanish speaking and some Portuguese speakers.
Today we are in SOTM Latam thanks to the support of OpenStreetCam team and
Mapbox who believe in our project since the beginning and helped with
sponsorships. Also this evening we have the second anual gathering in the
one we will discuss further steps and actions plans for 2018. Tomorrow in
SOTM Latam we will be part of a panel in the one the survey "Gender
representation in OSM" developed by GeoChicas  will show the results and
will be shared in different channels including this one.

Mapeadora, Selene and me we will be glad to be part in global discussions
about how to keep improving the gender balance in the OSM world

Thanks,

Saludos y gracias,

Mapanauta