[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Toggenburger Lukas Lukas.Toggenburger at htwchur.ch
Thu Nov 30 07:50:56 UTC 2017

Heather,

Your mail inspired me to write the following question at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM17/Election_to_Board#Gender-limited_events :

==========
What do you think of events (e.g. for marketing) that are open only for some genders? Example (imaginary): "Mapping party/Mapathon for girls"? Is it a good idea since it might bring more girls/women to OSM or is it a bad idea since it's gender-discriminating?

I’d be interested in your (and the other candidates’) opinion.

Best regards

Lukas