[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team at the OSM Foundation in 2017

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 30 15:16:49 UTC 2017

Am 30.11.2017 um 15:35 schrieb Joseph Reeves:
> Hi Simon,
>
> There is only one HOT, and no other incorporated HOT entities in other
> countries, as such I would refer to the 501(c)(3) organisation as
> "HOT" or "Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team".

Well say HOTOSM Indonesia for example seems to exist, difficult to tell
if they are formally incorporated at a distance, but in any case they
are obviously a separate entity.

> "HOT the fuzzy group of people that have edited in the context of
> tasks put on the task manager" are people I call "individuals" or
> "OpenStreetMap users". For example, I may donate to Oxfam, or do some
> light volunteering for them, but that does not make me part of "Oxfam
> UK inc".

Sure, except that Oxfam dosen't use "Oxfam" to refer to everybody that
has donated to the organisation ever, if they did there would be exactly
the same need to differentiate.

Simon