[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Oct 3 14:40:52 UTC 2017

> [...] organized mapping still can be a good method to grow the number
> of passionate mappers. Paid mapping less so, I fear.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

The textile industry uses the Nice Code of Conduct for the Fashion and
Textile Industry [1]. In this code there are principles, which are
applicable globally, such as recommendations concerning the labor of
minors, forced labor, work conditions, etc. Certainly, all the companies
involved in the OSM project currently are nice, but the market has got
its tendencies if left completely unregulated.

There could be some basic principles of in Paid Mapping Code of Conduct.
For example:
- a competitive compensation according to local standards;
- minors could work only in such a way that there is enough time for
education;
- no forced labor (even if people work in a prison they should be paid
fairly on their private accounts);
- visiting & supervising contractors;
- proper training;
etc.

Perhaps, such self-regulation code would remove at least some fears.

[1]
http://www.nordicfashionassociation.com/sites/default/files/nice_code_of_conduct_and_manual_single.pdf

brgds
O.